Since independence and even before that period, the importance of education is very much evident in India. It can be said that many people used to throng abroad universities like Harvard and Cambridge and earn a niche for themselves instantly.
Continuing the same roots, let’s see the prime roots which used to and still produce such laureates.
Yes, it’s none other than the education structure of schools in India which is the really the root cause for influencing and strengthening the students as far as their future growth in the field of education is concerned.
Let’s go to the basics and track out the structure of schools India follows
There are principally four basic stages of schools in India, primary, upper primary, secondary and higher secondary or the high school.
Overall on an average, the schooling continues in India for 12 years from class 1 to class 12th (10+2).
The government in India is committed to providing the elementary education for all (Primary and upper primary) aged between 6-14 years of age.
However, upper primary and secondary school learners aged eleven to fifteen are planned into classes six through ten, and higher secondary school students ages sixteen through seventeen are enrolling in classes eleven through twelve. In some places, there is a notion called middle/upper primary schools for class six to eight.
Higher Education in India provides an occasion to focus in a field and includes technical schools (such as the Indian Institutes of Technology), colleges, and universities.
The main types of schools controlled in India are
• The state government controlled schools under which a large chunk of students are enrolled
• The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi
• The Council For Indian School Certificate Examinations (ICSE), New Delhi
• National Open School
• International Schools
Now, let’s have a detailed look at each of the stages of schooling In India school scenario
* Preliminary Education- In India, the concept of preliminary education dates back to history pages and it’s not a fundamental right of the students, with a very less percentage of them receiving education under the forum concerned.
Typically, the students under the same are LKG, UKG, students aged between 2-1/2 and 3.
However, the facilities under this section were not better until some prominent players entered the scene. Pivotal amongst are Kid see schools, Shamrock preschools. But, these good facility providers cover a very few small chunk of the population.
Nevertheless, the number of students enrolling for a preliminary education program in India is as low as 11.22%!
* Elementary Education- Students of class 1 to 5th basically forms this crust. As huge has 82% of the students have been observed enrolling for the same.
* Higher Education- Higher education forms the rest of the education scene in India
* Accredited Universities- Accredited universities are also in India that offers college degrees once students complete school education in different traditional and professional streams.
* Residential schools- In order to make the students a polished individual in the ensuing future, the residential schools play a pivotal role in the same department of imparting valued education in India. However, the basic tip for enrollment in these schools shall be for parents that they send their wards only when they attained a normal age, enough to live alone and independently.
* Support Organizations- Charity organizations and many other affordable organizations are in line offering quality education at slashed rates.
Satnam Bakchi runs his website and provides important information on Education Structure of Schools. Also, you Get more information on Boarding Schools.
Website : https://www.cbsepatrachardelhi.com/